Monday, August 6, 2012

Yogurt Biscuits

I'm a big fan of buttermilk biscuits. I love the taste, the texture, and the honey butter or raspberry jam slathered on top.  Unfortunately, I've been the only one in my household who feels this way, so when I make a batch I'm always left feeling guilty for eating the whole tray by myself.  A while back, I found a recipe in the Relish insert in our newspaper for yogurt biscuits...what?  After making them a few times, I can't believe how easy they are to make and how tasty they are (Brett even admitted this is the first biscuit he's ever liked).
*1 1/2 c. self-rising flour
*1 tsp. salt
*1 1/4 c. plain Greek yogurt
Preheat oven to 450.  Whisk flour and salt together in a large bowl.  Make a hollow in the center.  Pour yogurt into center, and stir pulling flour into yogurt. Mix until dry ingredients are moistened and the dough forms.  Sprinkle a clean surface with flour.  Turn dough out, sprinkle with flour and fold in half.  Pat dough until 1/2-inch thick.  Flour again if necessary and fold dough in half a second time.  Pat dough into a 1/2-inch thick round.  Dip a 2-inch biscuit cutter into flour and cut out biscuits without twisting.  Place biscuits close together on a parchment-lined baking sheet.  Bake 10-14 minutes until light golden brown.  Serve hot (with butter and raspberry jam).
Stats: 94 cal, 1g fat, 3g protein, 17g carbs

No comments: