Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes

Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes

I told you I had another zucchini recipe coming. Tonight I have book club and cooking group so I made these cupcakes to share with everyone. They are easy to make and count toward your 5 servings of veggies…probably. I count them twice because cocoa comes from beans. The bottom line is these are moist and delicious and my 3-yr.old is begging for more!

Mix together:
*1/2 c. oil
*1 ½ c. sugar

Add:
*2 eggs
*2 tsp. vanilla
*2 c. zucchini puree

In a medium mixing bowl combine:
*2 c. flour
c. cocoa
*½ tsp. baking powder
*1 tsp. baking soda
*½ tsp. cinnamon
*½ tsp. cloves

Alternate adding dry ingredients and ¾ c. sour cream to the zucchini mixture. Add 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips.

Fill cupcake wrappers ¾ full and bake at 325 for 27-30 minutes. I have made this as a Bundt cake and 9x13 as well – grease and flour pans and bake for about 45 minutes.

Allow to cool and top with chocolate ganache. (Heat ½ c. cream to a simmer, remove from heat. Add 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate and let sit for 1 minute. Whisk until chocolate is well-incorporated. Smooth onto cupcakes.)

No comments: